nuestro unico problema es que nos falta chicha

Saturday, August 4, 2007

La Paz, Bolivia

I thought I´d share a few photos I´ve taken in La Paz. At more than 11800 ft, it is the highest capital in the world. The city itself rests inside a valley that opens up to the looming 21125 feet Mt. Illimani. I´ve been more or less just taking things easy here for the past few days, and will continue to do so--climbing Huayna Potosi wiped out my energy and I am now just feeling normal again. I have visited several interesting museums and had a good time just meeting people. Yesterday I went to the ancient ruins of Tiwanaku, and will put a post up here about that soon. Until then, here are some pictures of the city.


looking across the valley, all the streets just go up and up...


looking down the valley towards downtown, Illimani towers over the highest skyscrapers in the world.

1 comment:

Marmot said...

Hi honey,
Glad you are taking some time to let your body rebound from such a strenuous event as the mountain climbing. I know you only have a few more days there and then on Tuesday you are back in El Paso. What a wonderful adventure you have undertaken this summer. We are all so anxious to see the photos and hear your stories.
Return safely to us -
We love you,
Mom and Dad