nuestro unico problema es que nos falta chicha

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Estoy Aqui, La Paz, Bolivia

I just arrived in La Paz this morning on the night bus at 5am. I´m checked into a hotel and all is well.

This city is incredibly beautiful and freezing. We are literally sitting up in the clouds at 12000 feet--the highest capital in the world. I am spending today walking through labyrinths of winding narrow stone streets. Tomorrow afternoon I will climb to Lago Titicaca, the highest lake of its size in the world (navegable at something like 14000 feet). There I will take a boat to Isla del Sol--the birthplace of civilization in the Andino Cosmovision. I plan to rent a tent and camp either there or on the smaller Isla del Luna--the two are supposed to be amazingly beautiful (and freezing tambien).

After that plans are not set, but one could just sit and watch this amazing city for days. Photos to come.

1 comment:

Marmot said...

Erik - are you with anyone there? Please keep in touch. And warm... :) I love you. Mom